Top 5 beach destinations in Southern Africa
Ever wondered why South Africa is known to have some of the best beaches?
Let us tell you why, here’s the list of our top 5 beaches
- Robberg Beach, the populous blue-flag beach is known to be the Garden Route’s finest. With all the beauty it has to offer, from Robberg National Park to spotting a pod of dolphins surfing the waves. The beach is also known for its shore-based whale spotting ( how cool is that. A must-stop on your Garden Route Road trip, and number 1 on our best beaches in South Africa.
- Ponta Do Oura is home to not only the best prawns and its friendly nationals but houses one of the best beaches. Entering from the Kosi Bay border you are met with a golden ribbon of sand set between dunes and the warm blue waters of the Indian Ocean. Ponta is known as a hotspot for surfers, fishermen, and scuba divers with spectacular reef sites including the legendary shark diving spot, the Pinnacles.
- Coffee Bay, located in the heart of the commonly known Wild Coast, is a quaint seaside village of Coffee Bay that offers a beautiful selection of swimming beaches. An excellent spot to go fishing and let’s not forget the breathtaking hikes along the area’s rocky coastline. Coffee Bay is the perfect destination for those holidaymakers wanting to swap city life for a laid-back beach break, in one of the most beautiful parts of South Africa.
- Jeffreys Bay, this quaint little city is not only known as the retirement centre but a surfers haven. This Surfers capital is world-renowned for its safe beaches and surfing waves, with many different surf breaks, each possessing its own magic. Adding to the magic of J-Bay is spotting a pod of dolphins surfing the waves any time of the year and the Southern Right Whales between July and September.
- Muizenberg Beach: One of the most well-known beaches In cape Town along False Bay. As you enter you are met with the beautiful colourful beach hunts on the sand. Muizenberg holds a high interest due to its warm water and family-friendly environment. It was recently awarded the “ Blue Flag Beach status”, Muizenberg Beach is one of the most popular Cape Town beaches. The Muizenberg Pavilion offers water slides, kiosks, a swimming pool, and a putt-putt course enough to make everyone happy.